Current data reveals that about seven percent of practicing physicians participate in clinical trials at some point during their career. However, the greater majority of these participate in only one study thus indicating a real hesitancy to participate in further studies. When queried regarding this hesitation, some comment that they felt unprepared, under-resourced, and inadequately compensated. By taking advantage of the resources that Novant Health Clinical Research has to offer, all of these obstacles can be overcome. Above all, we work to ensure that our affiliated investigators feel equipped, trained and qualified as clinical investigators.
Novant Health Clinical Research provides the following resources for investigator training:
- Monthly meetings of the Principal Investigator's Advisory Committee (PIAC). Any physician conducting research in any Novant Health facility is welcome to attend.
- Bi-monthly investigator training sessions with CE held in conjunction with PIAC meetings.
- On-site training for clinical staff at investigative sites.
- Access to the clinical research library.
- Assistance and guidance to facilitate CPI certification for Physician Investigators.
Learn more about CPI certification »