Find the right opportunity for you
Healthcare is an exciting, challenging and rewarding career. If you believe you have what it takes to succeed, Novant Health Forsyth Medical Center has several opportunities available for you!
2015-2016 nursing student clinical rotation calendars
Spring 2015 nursing student clinical calendar »
Summer 2015 nursing student clinical calendar »
Fall 2015 nursing student clinical calendar »
Spring 2016 nursing student clinical calendar »
Summer 2016 nursing student clinical calendar »
Pharmacy residency program
The purpose of the post graduate year one (PGY1) pharmacy residency is to prepare a pharmacy clinician for a patient care position or a post-graduate year two (PGY2) residency program. Learn more »
Student program for advanced practice
Pulmonary and critical care rotation
Salem Chest Specialists and the pulmonary division at Novant Health Forsyth Medical Center provide a rotation for nurse practitioner and physician assistant students.
This rotation can include learning experiences in pulmonary and critical care medicine. The pulmonary experience can be office or hospital based.
Stroke and neurosciences rotation
Forsyth Medical Center is a 921-bed not-for-profit tertiary care facility with a 10-bed neuro ICU managed 24/7 by three fellowship-trained neurocritical care intensivists. Our team includes three neurointerventional radiologists, two neuroradiologists, one neuroradiation oncologist, and three neurosurgeons. Forsyth Medical Center is the first stroke center in North Carolina certified by The Joint Commission and is a Gold Plus Performance award winner for stroke performance measures from the American Heart and Stroke Association.
Educational opportunities include:
- Rotations on the neurocritical care unit
- Rotations on the general neurosciences unit
- Rotations with the combined general neurology and critical care neurology
- Rotations in the outpatient center at Forsyth Comprehensive Neurology
- Rotations that include a combination of inpatient and outpatient experiences
Clinical rotations will include:
- Interdisciplinary rounds
- Grand rounds
- Daily rounding with attending and mid-level teams
- Standard curriculum to review neuroanatomy, neurologic evaluations, and commonly used therapies for stroke, epilepsy, neuromuscular diseases, neurosurgical diseases, and encephalopathy/dementia