Providing a clinical experience
in a hospital setting
The Novant Health Chaplaincy Services Internship Program provides clinical experience in a hospital setting for self-directed seminary / divinity school or master's level students. This innovative program provides for cross-fertilization in creative and growth-producing ways.
The counseling internship within chaplaincy services at Novant Health provides a unique experience, which shares a peer group with students in an internship / practicum in counseling.
- Bachelor's degree
- Enrollment in an accredited seminar / divinity school or one of the following master's level programs: counseling, marriage and family therapy, or social work.
Requirements for interns
- Attend orientation and closing / evaluation meeting
- Participate in weekly group-supervision sessions and individual supervision
- Concentrate in one or two areas of interest within the hospital
- Participate in hospital-wide overnight on-call
- Complete at least five verbatim reports and two taped clinical events
- Commit to a schedule that allows for required clinical hours.
Individual supervision and group supervision sessions are mandatory. The scheduling of supervision times will be negotiated to suit individual and school requirements.
To learn more about our Chaplaincy Student and Counseling Internship Program, contact the Novant Health facility in your area.