Novant Health is continuing its efforts to bring innovative, quality care to the communities it serves through the development of Novant Health Community Connect, Epic’s comprehensive practice management (PM) and electronic health record (EHR) system.
Through Novant Health Community Connect, independent community physicians will be given the opportunity to take advantage of the Epic PM and EHR technology and join our efforts to provide innovative, quality care to the communities we serve.
Benefits to Your Practice
Novant Health Community Connect will transform your clinic, improve outcomes, enhance safety and promote connectivity. Features of this comprehensive system include the following:
Benefits for Your Patients
- Improved convenience and quality of care through use of PM and EHR, which are a single database built around the patient
- E-prescribing functionality
- Streamlined workflows for operational efficiency
- Sophisticated patient scheduling templates and registration
- Improved billing accuracy:
- Claims submission and clearinghouse
- Real-time address eligibility verification
- Electronic patient statement generation
- Specialty content and physician-developed, high-productivity tools uniquely tailored for primary care and specialists
- Extensive library of reports and decision support tools
- Access to Novant Health clinical data repository, which includes lab, radiology, transcription and other results.
Using Novant Health Community Connect will improve the quality of care your patients receive, through the use of a single medical record across multiple venues. MyChart is an online tool designed to make accessing medical information simple and convenient. With remote and secure functionality, patients can:
- Email care team directly
- Request prescriptions online
- Request appointments online
- View laboratory results online.
Details around Novant Health Community Connect include eligibility, costs, implementation-sequencing criteria and other information. Of particular importance, independent community physicians will be able to use the Novant Health Community Connect system while maintaining the autonomy of their own practice through the complete separation of their financial data from other practices and users.
For more information, contact Mark Turner with Novant Health ChoiceHealth, toll-free at 888-384-4975, who serves as the liaison to independent clinics that express interest in Novant Health Community Connect.